It is impossible to imagine a healthy lifestyle without a sound sleep, but modern rhythm, obsessive fears or accumulated deeds and problems often cause insomnia. Sometimes our sleep is so restless and fitful that when we wake up, we feel tired and broken. Are you familiar with it?
If so, you should try a simple and very effective way that helps – meditation before bed. Meditation is an effective exercise in relaxation and focusing that frees the mind from thoughts and anxieties, soothes and helps to bring the mind in order.
Regular meditation exercises will not only help to improve mood and efficiency, but also will be a good help for strengthening the health of your body. So, how can you improve your sleep with meditation?
You must learn to keep consciousness on the beautiful side of sleep and wakefulness, and eventually you will enter the world of lucid dreams and be able to control them. Keep reading and you will learn how, with simple relaxation exercise, you can get rid of stress and improve your sleep.
How to meditate before bedtime?
- There are three poses that are best for meditation: lotus, half-lotus or “Turkish” pose. The head, neck and back should be kept straight. You can not lean forward or backward.
- Slowly lower your eyelids, mentally focus on the space between the eyebrows.
- Your body should remain stable and motionless: do not lean, breathe deeply and slowly.
- Your mood is very important for meditation. Try to focus and not be distracted by extraneous stimuli.
- Trying to relax, do not spend too much energy on fighting thoughts. Just let them go, relax your muscles and nerves.
- If you are tired mentally, do not focus. Rest a little, enjoying the warmth and comfort of the house, pleasant aromas and sounds.
Take just a few minutes out of each day to bring yourself to a state of calm and wellness and balance your life using a combination of guided meditations and mindfulness techniques. The techniques are a simple, practical relaxation method for anyone.
Meditation before bed is the ability to control one’s emotions. This practice will give you complete relaxation and purification from any thoughts. It is necessary for a full and healthy sleep, so it should not last more than 20 minutes or cause discomfort and stress. Meditation before bed will give you the opportunity to get up every morning, feeling healthy, full of strength and desire to create.